The Innovation Exchange programme builds on the established Innovation pathway to support the delivery of the Accelerated Access Review (AAR) funded by the Office of Life Sciences. AHSN Innovation Exchanges play a key role in supporting the adoption and uptake of healthcare innovation, supporting faster access to cost effective, innovative drugs and technologies for patients and citizens.
Our Innovation Exchanges have supported local priorities, bringing industry together with healthcare professionals to find solutions and demonstrate products to innovate health in primary care, theatres, genomics and digital health. These events generate stronger connections with innovations at a local level, and future exchanges will focus on cancer, mental health and healthy ageing to support our health and care system in the east of England.
- Identifying need and communicating demand – helping innovators understand healthcare demands, identify the evidence requirements and prepare systems for promising products;
- Signposting innovators to additional support – helping innovators access additional services available through partners such as Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Matching –linking innovations to healthcare, adapting solutions to meet local needs, finding early adopter regions;
- Evaluation in practice – creating evidence to support adoption and spread; and
- Spread and adoption of innovation – locally, regionally and nationally.