The eastern region is ideally placed to host a new global accelerator for life sciences in the UK, which would take an overarching and strategic approach to the development of life sciences industries. Life sciences partners called on government at the East of England Parliamentary Reception 2018, to request support for this new, internationally significant institution. Click the image link to read the full brochure outlining the region’s life sciences offer.
Four key strands will support and implement the national industrial strategy:
• Technology foresight projects and events
• Advice and funds for prototyping and proof of concept
• Business growth and management advice, coaching and support.
• Advice and development partnership for life sciences institutions and firms wanting to expand
• Support fast-track development of the built environment, with the highest standards of sustainable construction and community benefits underpinning its position as a location for investment.
• Skills foresight for life sciences, predicting areas of growth and demand and working with local stakeholders to grow local talent in response
• Intelligence, teaching and careers guidance resources for schools, Higher Education and Further Education institutions
• A structured, nationally branded and well organised work placement scheme with the life sciences sector
• Community initiatives to ensure local residents can access job and career development opportunities in life sciences.
development improve healthcare and wellbeing.
• A clinical prototyping zone for the eastern region, allowing fast-tracked trials and clinical approval for new technologies and innovations in medical devices
• Digital and data integration and capture. Building on existing leadership in cancer registry, the accelerator would develop a health and care data hub for the region.