People living with hearing loss will be able to access online support with the launch of a new addition to Cambridgeshire Hearing Help’s website next month.
The HealthUnlocked programme ‘your hearing matters’ has been designed for people in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area who cannot attend the charity’s regular Living With Hearing Loss workshops. It will include the same advice on a range of communication techniques and technology and tips on how to get the best out of their audiology appointment. It provides an excellent addition to the already popular face-to-face workshops.
At the most recent workshop, supported by Addenbrooke’s audiology service, attendee Sue said: “As someone who has only recently realised/acknowledged I have a hearing loss, the format was just what I needed to give me both information and confidence.”
One attendee added: “I felt treated like a real person. Here I could have a real conversation and be heard,” and another said they had gained “very helpful information about assistive technology and what we could use to help.”
The series of monthly workshops will be held in Cambridge until the end of the year, with new events being staged in the Soham and Huntingdon areas in 2019. Dates are:
- October 20, 9.30am-noon, The Abbey Room, Christ Church, Cambridge
- November 15, 10.30am-1pm, C3 Centre, The C3 Church, Cambridge
- November 22, 1.30-4pm, Sawston Surgery
- December 3, 1.30-4pm, Linton Health Surgery
- December 8, 9.30am-noon, Christ Church, Cambridge
- January 10, 2019, 10.30am-1pm, C3 Centre, Cambridge
- January 21, 10am-12.30pm, Soham Library
- February 4, 10.30am-1pm, Huntingdon Library
Keep track of future Living Well with Hearing Loss workshops