Innovate UK in the East of England brings together innovators and entrepreneurs for informative and inspirational talks, expert guidance on funding opportunities and how to make the most of them, plus brilliant networking opportunities.
Healthcare spending is outgrowing economic growth and challenging healthcare system sustainability, while at the same time providing new opportunities for life sciences and industry to respond and lead the changes required.
Meeting this challenge will require the transformation of existing innovation platforms for drug and device discovery, and the development of a host of new platforms including digital tools, robotics, artificial intelligence and new therapeutic approaches to disease.
Eastern AHSN will be hosting a life sciences breakout session at the event, with a focus on describing a new regional approach to meet this challenge. The session will share proposals to develop a Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) to support healthcare delivery and innovation in the eastern region:
10:30 – Introduction from the Chair – Professor Steve Feast
10:40 – Local Integrated Health and Care Records (LIHCR) and Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) – national perspective, and our regional response – Professor Erika Denton
- Background · National agenda
- Regional alignment
- What does this mean for us?
11:00 – Smart Emerging Technologies Institute – Professor Gerard Parr
- Hyper-connecting the region’s universities and science parks to create the fastest research triangle in the World; providing research infrastructure to support health analytics, medical imaging, autonomous transport and IoT for Environmental Management
11:20 – Data is Key! Public attitudes to sharing health data – Mark Avery
- Who owns the data?
- Public support / opposition to health data being used by commercial organisations
- Design features essential for patient consent / public trust
11:40 – Panel discussion
This event is for anyone looking to grow their business through innovation and the programme has been designed to:
- Inform delegates about the latest multi-million pound funding competitions
- Give practical advice and tips on writing more successful applications
- Provide industry insight and future trends
- Be an excellent networking opportunity
For more information and to register, click here.